Welcome to UNO’s Criss Library and the Dual Enrollment Subject Guide. I am Jon Minkner, reference associate and dual enrollment contact for the library. On this page, you will information on requesting instruction and using our resources as part of the dual enrollment program at UNO. Please feel free to contact me with any question (email@example.com or 554-3003).
Have a great semester,
What we offer...
Library Instruction & Tours
- Dual enrollment faculty and students may request instruction, lab, or tour sessions on campus or at their respective schools.
- Instructional sessions can include how to use a particular database (or group of databases), how to evaluate sources (including websites), or how to use library resources.
- Requests for instruction must be made at least 2 weeks in advanced.
- Sessions can be conducted at Criss Library or at your school.
- Maximum class size is 20 students.
- A ratio of one high school instructor per 15-20 students is required.
- UNO classes receive priority for space and instruction.
- To request instruction, call (402) 554-3003 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Librarian Faculty Status and Training
Librarians at high schools that participate in the Dual Enrollment Program through UNO may apply for faculty status. Librarians who have been granted faculty status have off-campus access to most of UNO Criss Library's databases. Instructional sessions on using a particular database (or group of databases) can be arranged by contacting me. Sessions can be conducted at your school, at our campus, or through our virtual classroom.
- Students enrolled in UNO's Dual Enrollment Program have the same borrowing and access privileges as UNO undergraduate students.
- Off-campus access is available to most of UNO's databases. Students may use any of UNO's databases, not just those related to the courses they are taking through dual enrollment. Some databases are limited to on-campus use due to licensing restrictions.
- Interlibrary loan (ILL) privileges are also available.
- Check out up to 50 books at a time for 4 weeks, with renewal(s) available.
- Multimedia resources (CDs, DVDs, etc.) available for check out.
- Reserve Items are available for check out.
- Students may schedule individual consultation with Subject Librarians in your area of study.