Skip to Main Content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
About Our Collection
- At UNO Libraries, we love games. That's why we're proud to offer a diverse selection of board games and video games since 2016, with playstyles and mechanics to suit every player.
- So pull up a chair, roll the dice, and game on--we hope you'll enjoy all the library has to offer you!
- Find our board and video game collections next to the main service desk.
- Available to current UNO students, staff, and faculty.
- Also available to registered UNO Alumni, Library/Kaneko Friends, Military, and NU system students, staff, and faculty.
- 5-day checkout with 1 renewal.
- Users can check out up to 3 board games at a time.
- Available to current UNO and NU system students, staff, and faculty.
- Current UNO students, staff, and faculty can check out a game console at the main service desk.
- 5-day checkout with 1 renewal (consoles have no renewals due to popular demand).
- Users can check out up to 2 video games at a time and/or 1 console at a time.
For more information about the board and video game collections or to make a suggestion, contact:
Maison Horton | Reference Associate | email@example.com
Game descriptions and images are courtesy of popular game sites and game publishers.
How to Use This Guide
- Hover over a category tab to see a drop-down list of games in a category. Some games are listed multiple times as they fit more than one category.
- Selecting a game will bring you to a page where you can learn more information about the game--how to play, number of players, game difficulty, more themes, availability, and other helpful tidbits.
- Click the Video Games tab to view our full list of video games and to check console availability.
Create Your Own Game!
- UNO Libraries is home the Creative Production Lab (CPL), a modern space for bringing your wildest ideas to life. Alongside games by publishing companies, you'll also find games made by everyday users just like you on our shelves, using Creative Commons as a means to sharing, exploring, playing, and creating games in the spirit of collaboration.
- In addition to checking out games and game consoles, there are ways to share your love of games with others. The library often holds or participates in game-related events.
For more information about Creative Commons games, creating your own game, or gaming events, contact:
Charles Fisher | Creative Production Lab Supervisor | firstname.lastname@example.org
Creative Production Lab
The Creative Production Lab is a place where patrons can work with video, audio, photography, design, and 3D modeling. It contains 3D printers, a laser cutter, a green screen and video recording equipment, a full audio recording lab, large format printers, and top-of-the-line computers. The lab is open to UNO students, faculty and staff and is located on the main floor of the library.
Creative Production Lab Policies: Game Design
CPL staff is available to answer questions and provide support regarding game design and development, both for video games and board games.
- Spielbound Board Game Cafe. Chill gathering place with a large board-game library, plus coffee, pizza & rotating craft taps, located at 3229 Harney St, Omaha, NE.
- Board Game Geek. A website offering comprehensive information about board games. Includes reviews, ratings, and more.
- Board Game Arena. Create an account at the website to play thousands of board games for free right from your computer browser.
- Dungeons and Dragons Official Site. Browse resources about the famous table-top role-playing game, including rules and character sheets.
- Roll 20. A virtual table-top platform offering customization options for your next role-playing campaign as well as a robust dice-rolling engine.